Last night was a long, long night. I couldn’t sleep for about 75% of it, and the other 25% was filled with weird occurrences. My cell phone turned on for no reason, my bluetooth earpiece slid off the dresser at 2:45 a.m., and a sound similar to someone dropping a phone book in my bedroom sounded off around 3:45. This caused my husband, who had slept through the rest of the weirdness, to sit up and yell, “GET OUT!” in that nightmare voice that sounds similar to a drunken Homer Simpson. At least that made me laugh.
I finally got up and left for work, only to be called by our cleaning service because an alarm was sounding throughout the house and they couldn’t find the source.
Maybe my power is getting turned up. I don’t know. What I do know is that sometimes asking “why” and “what does this mean” can create a rabbit-hole of indecision.
Worry is not the answer. . .
I have found that when I am shaking like a Chihuahua concerning how I am going to make money, or rebuild a business, or look for a job, or sell my house, the mere worry seems to create more bizarre occurrences. It’s almost like I’m putting out there – “Hey, frantic weird stuff, I need more of you.”
And the Universe, being a place of supportive energy, complies.
Positive affirmations aren’t always the answer either . . .
There are days when being happy and positive won’t necessarily come from posters and quotes. Maybe I need a little fierceness today. Perhaps I prefer the quiet of the darkness to burning one Yankee Candle in it. Maybe I don’t want my meditation to smell like turkey and stuffing (if you want one of those candles, click here).
Perhaps I need the calm of the darkness. Perhaps my daily Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino and McDonald’s French Vanilla ice coffee isn’t the best way to get calm.
Whatever the case, sometimes we just have to finish. . .
Do you have a sick spouse? Or a young child who seems to have the lungs of an opera singer? Or are you trying to find a job? Or are you dealing with ill-health? Or are you trying to lose weight without Chris and Heidi on Extreme Weight Loss?
If you’re having one of those days, try this:
Hang in there . . .
Let’s be real. There are days when showing up and going the distance is enough.
Sign up below to receive 48 FREE Energizing Messages.